3.25.2014

A quarter complete....

Wow! I have been so overwhelmed by all of the kind words, positive vibes, prayers, meals, gifts, phone calls (some still unreturned, I'm sorry Aunt Doris!), and donations that have been sent to my family. Thank you all so very much for thinking of Desmond, Jeremy, Regan, and I at this time.

Desmond is in outpatient chemotherapy today. This is treatment 6 of 24. Woohoo! 25% of the way to completion! I expect that we will soon begin figuring out the details of his radiation, which will begin around treatment 12. So far the doctor is very, very placed with how his body is handling chemo...the only side effects that we have noticed are the hair loss, and a little bit of joint and bone pain at night. No mouth sores, no extreme nausea, not a lot of weight loss...things could be so much more difficult, we are thankful he is doing well.

Thank you to MiraBella Salon and Spa in Boise for an amazing fundraiser on Saturday, 3/15, and to all of the companies/individuals that donated raffle prizes. You raised $2800, all of which went to Desmond's care account.

Desmond's medical bills just keep rolling in, but I have paid so many of them in full thanks to the kindness of all of you. It is such a relief to be able to just call and pay a bill instead of worrying about setting up payment plans, or having additional "maintenance" fees added to our acounts. It is one less thing for me to have on my mind.

Thank you all, again. There are not enough words in the world to describe what your support means to me.

What outpatient treatment looks like. His port is accessed (on his chest, by his heart) and he gets his medicine through that IV pole you see in the picture. Normally he does wear a shirt, but I guess he was welcoming warm weather!

No comments: