11.04.2014

3 months off treatment

Last week Desmond had his 3-month off-treatment MRI and labwork done. He handled the MRI on Monday like a pro (really, he is now) and we met with the doctors on Thursday to get the results. I wasn't nervous because I feared bad news, but I felt sick to my stomach walking over to the Children's Specialty Center at St. Luke's to get the results...I remember taking that walk in February. It brought back a lot of bad memories.

Thankfully everything looks GREAT on Des' MRIs and bloodwork! There is no sign of active cancer cells. He has gained all of the weight back that he lost, and has even grown about 1.5 inches since this all started. The staff and the nurses were really glad to see him, and many commented on how good he looks with hair. I got some extra long hugs from the ones with whom we were closest.

We are off the hook through the holiday season, we'll have his six month checkup at the end of January.

No comments: